Get a time extension
Please think carefully about your options.
If you’d like help, contact your local Community Legal Centre.
If you are having trouble paying your fine on time, you can request to pay later instead. You may be given a new due date, or your application may be rejected.
- if you are having trouble paying on time
- and you will be able to pay the fine in full in the future
Stick to the due date
If the agency agrees to an extension, make sure you can pay the fine by the new due date.
You can only get one extension
You will usually only be able to get one extension of time.
How to apply
It is best to first contact the agency that sent you the fine to find out how to get an extension of time.The contact details will be on the fine. You may need to fill out a form.
How it works
Contact the agency
- call the agency that gave you the fine. The contact details are on the fine.
Your application will be reviewed
The agency may decide to:
- grant you a time extension and set a new due date
- or reject your application
If your application for extension is rejected, you may decide to: