Contact your local Financial Counsellor
There are free financial counsellors available to everyone in Victoria.
Find the right Financial Counsellor to help you.
About Financial Counsellors
Financial counsellors are non-judgmental, qualified professionals who provide information and support to people in financial difficulty.
Their services are free, independent and confidential.
What to do
Collect your fines together
- Group your fines together by stage (infringement, enforcement order, warrant). You can use the colours of the notices to help you
- or organise them by due date: put the most urgent on the top of the pile
- you can also get a summary of most of your fines from Fines Victoria.
Group your fines together by stage (infringement, enforcement order, warrant). You can use the colours of the notices to help you or organise them by due date: put the most urgent on the top of the pile
If you have other information that proves that you shouldn’t have got some of your fines, collect that too. It may be things like:
- Proof that you weren’t the driver of your car when the fine was issued
- A doctor’s letter proving that you have a special circumstance than means you shouldn’t have got the fine
- A letter from a social worker explaining what your situation is
- Bank statements or evidence of your income
- Other evidence that means you can’t pay the fine
Contact a financial counsellor near you
Use the search box at the top of this page to find your closest financial counsellor